The Bible Hill Fire Brigade has been serving the community since 1946. More than just firefighting, the Brigade provides essential community services including fire prevention and emergency training to over 5000 residents. The Bible Hill Bible Hill Brigade works closely with neighbouring brigades to provide mutual aid assistance for large emergencies in adjacent communities.
Although only a small portion of the Village is wooded the forest fire index is a very good indicator of the fire risk in our community. The Fire Index is available and updated daily during fire season by the department of Natural Resources at Fire Weather Forecast Maps and Indices.
The Bible Hill Fire Brigade has a long history of proud highly trained volunteers providing emergency response for the needs of our community. They strive to increase the capability to meet the needs of our community and recently added water rescue and Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) expertise.
“Serving the community since 1946”
Fire Brigade Services
All brigade members carry voice pagers and Fire Ground Officers carry portable two way radios. In addition to be paged for responses, members receive a text and/or email from our dispatch center confirming address of the emergency and the nature of the emergency.
The Brigade provides emergency response to:
- All fire and fire related type emergencies.
- Serious accidents as requested by RCMP and/or Emergency Health Services (EHS)
- Non-swift water, water emergency rescues.
- RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) for mutual aid departments during serious structure fires
- Fire prevention awareness and programing for all ages
- Fire Prevention calendar delivered annually to all households and businesses in Bible Hill