Fire Prevention/Fire Services
Bible Hill Fire Brigade has a very active fire prevention program. Although fire prevention is a year round activity our primary activities occur during Fire Prevention Week the second week of October.
As part of the program Brigade members visit all Daycares, preschools and elementary schools in the Village of Bible Hill to present the fire prevention method. The Brigade jointly participates in the local middle school and Junior High with two neighbouring Brigades Valley Kemptown and Salmon River. Students from all three areas attend these schools.
Brigade members also visit the seniors complexes in the Village operated by Cobequid Housing Authority.
Annually we hold an Open House to display firefighting equipment, fire prevention message and general community outreach.
Fire Brigade Services
All brigade members carry voice pagers and Fire Ground Officers carry portable two way radios. In addition to be paged for responses, members receive a text and/or email from our dispatch center confirming address of the emergency and the nature of the emergency.
The Brigade provides emergency response to:
- All fire and fire related type emergencies.
- Serious accidents as requested by RCMP and/or Emergency Health Services (EHS)
- Non-swift water, water emergency rescues.
- RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) for mutual aid departments during serious structure fires
- Fire prevention awareness and programing for all ages
- Fire Prevention calendar delivered annually to all households and businesses in Bible Hill