P&R Committee Youth Rep Wanted
- Published: September 27, 2016, 2:37 pm
The Bible Hill Parks and Recreation committee is seeking a youth representative for the 2016/17 school year. Candidates must be between the age 14-25 and be enrolled in an academic program during the term of appointment. This could be a junior high, high school, college or university program.
The committee’s role is to provide advice to the Village of Bible Hill on matters of recreation services; including the planning for recreation or cultural services or facilities.
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 7, 2016 @ 4:30pm.
New Village Commissioner
- Published: September 27, 2016, 11:15 am
Bible Hill's newest Village Commissioner - Mitchell Bell.
September 24, 2016
Crossing Guard 20 years of service
- Published: September 9, 2016, 3:29 pm
On August 29th, 2016, at the Annual Crossing Guard Meeting, Linda Marshall was presented with a certiifiate for 20 years of service as a Crossing Guard in the Village of Bible Hill. Congratulations Linda and enjoy your retirement.
Pictured above: Deputy Chair Lois MacCormick, Linda Marshall, and former Chair Tom Burke.
Bible Hill Election - Sept 24, 2016
- Published: September 15, 2016, 9:06 am
Why you should become a Village Commissioner
- Published: September 1, 2016, 2:23 pm
If you care about the area that you live or work in and the issues facing local people, you could be a Commissioner. There are many reasons why people decide to become a Commissioner. They include:
- wanting to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of the local community
- being concerned about your local area and wanting to ensure that the community gets the right services
- wanting to represent the views of local people and ensure that community interests are taken into account
- wanting to contribute your business or professional skills, or
- concerns about one particular issue.
Whatever needs changing in your neighbourhood (state of the local park, the need for more activities for young people, improving services for older people, making the roads safer or ensuring that local businesses can thrive) you could be just the person to change it by becoming a Village Commissioner. No other role gives you a chance to make such a huge difference to quality of life for people in your local area.
Nomination packages are available now at the Village Office, 67 Pictou Road, Bible Hill and must be submitted to the Returning Officer on any of the following days: September 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, or 14 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm.
For more information, please contact the Bible Hill Returning Officer, Angela Ogden, by calling 902-893-8083.