Crossing Guard 20 years of service
- Published: September 9, 2016, 3:29 pm
On August 29th, 2016, at the Annual Crossing Guard Meeting, Linda Marshall was presented with a certiifiate for 20 years of service as a Crossing Guard in the Village of Bible Hill. Congratulations Linda and enjoy your retirement.
Pictured above: Deputy Chair Lois MacCormick, Linda Marshall, and former Chair Tom Burke.
Why you should become a Village Commissioner
- Published: September 1, 2016, 2:23 pm
If you care about the area that you live or work in and the issues facing local people, you could be a Commissioner. There are many reasons why people decide to become a Commissioner. They include:
- wanting to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of the local community
- being concerned about your local area and wanting to ensure that the community gets the right services
- wanting to represent the views of local people and ensure that community interests are taken into account
- wanting to contribute your business or professional skills, or
- concerns about one particular issue.
Whatever needs changing in your neighbourhood (state of the local park, the need for more activities for young people, improving services for older people, making the roads safer or ensuring that local businesses can thrive) you could be just the person to change it by becoming a Village Commissioner. No other role gives you a chance to make such a huge difference to quality of life for people in your local area.
Nomination packages are available now at the Village Office, 67 Pictou Road, Bible Hill and must be submitted to the Returning Officer on any of the following days: September 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, or 14 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm.
For more information, please contact the Bible Hill Returning Officer, Angela Ogden, by calling 902-893-8083.
September Action on the Hill
- Published: August 23, 2016, 1:49 pm
The September 2016 issue of Action on the Hill is now available in the link below.
Nomination Period for Village Commissioner
- Published: September 1, 2016, 2:19 pm
Scotia Pool Swimming Lessons
- Published: August 15, 2016, 3:42 pm
Registration for swimming lessons at Scotia Pool will begin on Saturday, August 20th from 10am until noon at the pool.
Swimming lessons will begin the week of September 18th.