Why should I become a Village Commissioner?
- Published: April 6, 2018, 3:48 pm
If you care about the area that you live or work in and the issues facing local people, you could be a Commissioner. There are many reasons why people decide to become a Commissioner. They include:
- wanting to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of the local community
- being concerned about your local area and wanting to ensure that the community gets the right services
- wanting to represent the views of local people and ensure that community interests are taken into account
- wanting to contribute your business or professional skills, or
- concerns about one particular issue.
Whatever needs changing in your neighbourhood (state of the local park, the need for more activities for young people, improving services for older people, making the roads safer or ensuring that local businesses can thrive) you could be just the person to change it by becoming a Village Commissioner. No other role gives you a chance to make such a huge difference to quality of life for people in your local area.
2018 Bible Hill Volunteer Awards
- Published: February 26, 2018, 10:53 am
The Village of Bible Hill recognizes that community spirit is built and maintained by volunteers and we would like to recognize and appreciate the many contributions made by them. If your group or organization has a worthy volunteer, please complete the following form and submit it to the Village of Bible Hill by Sunday, March 4th 2018. The individual’s volunteer commitment(s) can be in any field, ie: hospital service, schools, recreation, service club etc.
The Village of Bible Hill would like to thank all groups, clubs and community organizations that participate in this worthwhile annual project. Please fill out their name and phone number and email address along with a summary of the nominee’s volunteer work. Each community/individual may nominate more than one (1) person for each category and may nominate in as many categories as fit. You may be contacted to provide some addition information about your nominee. This year’s Volunteer Awards Ceremony will include a banquet dinner for all award recipients and guests.
Summer Maintenance Position
- Published: February 9, 2018, 9:57 am
The Village of Bible Hill is hiring a summer maintenance worker. Must have been a student in the 2017-18 and returning in 2018-19. Deadline to apply is March 5, 2018.
Summer Employment Opportunities
- Published: February 12, 2018, 2:01 pm
The Village of Bible Hill is looking for 3 summer day camp counsellors and a day camp supervisor.
Please see the attached job descriptions.
pdf Camp Supervisor 2018 (43 KB) - deadline to apply is April 9, 2018.
pdf Camp Counsellor 2018 (34 KB) - deadline to apply is April 30, 2018.
Bible Hill Primary Registration
- Published: January 11, 2018, 9:57 am
Bible Hill Consolidated Elementary School Primary Registration.
Monday, January 29, 2018