We're Hiring - After School Program Leaders
- Published: Friday, 24 September 2021
Village of Bible Hill is recruiting two After School Program Leaders for the 2021-2022 school year. These positions will deliver fun, interactive programs in Bible Hill and Valley schools. We are looking for passionate, energetic, mature, and responsible leaders with an interest in developing leadership skills to lead our programs. The programs will be physical activity-focused, with elements of play, self-leadership, and teamwork. Most programs will be based on outdoor play, games, skill building, and nature awareness activities. The programs take place directly after school multiple days per week.
After School Program Leaders will play a strong role in the design, promotion, and delivery of after school programs for youth ages 10-14. Leaders will work with children/youth, and must have an understanding of the importance of being a positive role model. The position requires individuals who enjoy physical activity, sport and/or recreation, and are interested in learning new skills around youth engagement and delivering quality programs which promote being active for life.
- Current CPR/first aid certificate
- Volunteer or work experience that involves children/youth is an asset
- High energy with a positive outlook with the passion for working with children/youth
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic individual who believes it is important to be physically active and have fun
- Strong communication skills are essential
- An understanding of risk management and delivering safe programs
- Satisfactory criminal record and child abuse registry checks are a non-negotiable condition of employment
- Reliable transporation to school work site(s)
$13.80 per hour, for up to 15 hours per week, 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, throughout the school year.
Please send resume and a letter expressing interest by 4:30pm, October 15, 2021 to:
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.