Why should I become a Village Commissioner?
If you care about the area that you live or work in and the issues facing local people, you could be a Commissioner. There are many reasons why people decide to become a Commissioner. They include:
- wanting to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of the local community
- being concerned about your local area and wanting to ensure that the community gets the right services
- wanting to represent the views of local people and ensure that community interests are taken into account
- wanting to contribute your business or professional skills, or
- concerns about one particular issue.
Whatever needs changing in your neighbourhood (state of the local park, the need for more activities for young people, improving services for older people, making the roads safer or ensuring that local businesses can thrive) you could be just the person to change it by becoming a Village Commissioner. No other role gives you a chance to make such a huge difference to quality of life for people in your local area.